Saturday, May 22, 2010

CARGO Wet/Dry Eyelining Palette

There are no eyeshadow names on the box or palette but I will try my best to describe the colours.  So, from the top left to right: 1)Charcoal with silver sparkles 2)Dusty blue with bareley detectable blue shimmer 3)matte Black 4) matte Royal Blue and the bottom: 5)Mossy yellow/green/brown with barely detectable gold shimmer 6)matte Purple 7)Grey with silver sparkles 8)matte Brown.  The palette case is sleek and thin.
 
As will become apparent in my swatches below the pigmentation of thses shadows is low.  In addition, the texture is quite hard so you have to swipe the shadow several times, with a decent amount of pressure, inorder to get colour payoff.  The most pigmented ones are the ones with sparkle (1&7) and the least pigmented are the matte shadows (3,4&6).  Since this is intended to be an eyelining palette I expected much more pigmentation.  The shadows work best dry and over a primer like Urban Decay Primer Potion.  When used wet, colour payoff on the matte shadows improves slightly (4&6) but the rest apply worse.  So, as you can probably tell I am not impressed by this palette and am glad I only paid $8 for it (clearace online at Sephora).  On a numerical scale I would rate the CARGO Wet/Dry Eyeling Palette 5/10.

Dry Swatch

Wet Swatch

Heavily Swatched as Liner





1 comment: